Justice O’Connor was a Republican who had a mainstream record. She needs to be replaced by a new Justice who also has a mainstream record – someone like Judge Prado. Americans deserve another mainsteam independent nominee whom we can all trust.
You must take action now to help ensure that the Supreme Court is not radicalized.
You can do two things right now:
(1) If you have not done so already -- go to our site a send a an electronic message to President Bush and your senators. Tell them you want an experienced moderate to like Ed Prado replace Justice O’Connor. We will hand deliver these messages to your senators when the Senate reconvenes next week.
(2) Call you senators today! Tell them you want a mainstream nominee to replace Justice O’Connor:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Senator Arlen Specter 202-224-4254
Please be polite.
Here are some talking points about Justice O’Connor and Judge Ed Prado:
* Justice O’Connor has been the swing-vote on the Supreme Court. She has been the critical moderate voice in deciding close cases.
* Like O’Connor, Judge Prado is a moderate. He is fair-minded and independent.
* Justice O’Connor was an historic nominee – the first woman on the Supreme Court.
* Judge Prado would also be an historic nominee – the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice.
(To learn more about Judge Prado, click here.) [http://draftprado.org/about]
Americans deserve a Supreme Court justice we can trust. Please call your Senators today and ask them to support a moderate like Judge Prado!
Thank you for your support at this critical moment,
Arkadi, Marc, & Tim and the entire DraftPrado & StartChange team